The concept of "superfood" is increasingly used by nutritionists, chefs and lovers of healthy living. Foods with a high concentration of vitamins, nutrients, antioxidants and healthy fats are known as superfoods. They are very interesting foods due to their nutritional potential and the benefits they bring to our health if we include them in our diet. Examples of superfoods are extra virgin olive oil, legumes, quinoa, broccoli, turmeric, ginger or avocado ..
The Mediterranean diet, for its variety and richness, includes some of these superfoods, and among them is the olive.
Do you know all the benefits of olives?
- Ideal to prevent cardiovascular diseases, since they are useful for lowering high cholesterol (LDL) levels, thanks to the fact that they protect from the oxidation of bad cholesterol, preventing its hardening and accumulation in the arteries.
- Rich in vitamins, water and minerals.
- A perfect antioxidant to fight against body aging and oxidation.
- The perfect appetizer, since they contain fewer calories than we have been led to believe and their high fiber intake makes them perfect for inclusion in diets to lose weight. Fiber also improves gastrointestinal health and improves constipation.
- Help counteract anemia, due to its iron content.
- Perfect for beauty treatments.
Recommendations for healthy consumption.
A balanced diet based on healthy food, exercise and water is essential for all the benefits to act in our body. The recommended daily intake of olives is a serving of about 5 to 7 olives.